Reference 1: http://www.mingw.org/MinGWiki/index.php/TextFormattingRules
Reference 2: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Formatting
Copying and Pasting from old to new
- Goto an existing old MinGWiki page
- execute the login function
- click the edit button
- click the mouse into the edit box
- press the Ctrl-A keyboard action to select all text in the input form
- Now Create content and choose New MinGWiki.
- If not already provided, enter the title from the old MinGWiki page
- Enter an appropriate tag (a.k.a. category or term) for the page
- In the "Body" of the form now entry Ctrl-V to paste the previous body.
- You may now "Save" the document at the bottom of the form but you are far from done.
Converting from old to new format
- Find all %%% markup and remove them. If you need line breaks enter <br/> instead.
- Titles in the old format used ! or !! or !!! for small, medium, and large. The new format uses a =, ==, ===, ====, ===== and ====== to represent decreasing levels of header. I suggest using ===== for !, === for !! and == for !!! but in the end use what looks best to you.
- Link references are nearly reverse order between phpwiki and MediaWiki. It is best to use the MediaWiki help reference to guide you in doing the conversion. Don't forget about the using the defined interwiki link shortcuts as defined in the MinGWiki pages documentation.